Road Trip Living banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Official Good Morning Thread!

6K views 360 replies 10 participants last post by  Lesblank 
#1 ·
Food Ingredient Kitchen appliance Recipe Fluid

This is our official Good Morning thread for us to connect at the start of each day, no matter where we are in the world.

Let us know how you are this morning and if you have any special plans! :)

See less See more
#5 ·
Morning y'all. Wow Cricket, that's a positive way to start the morning. I'm doing good to not spill my coffee. Cool and wet here. If you see Mother Nature out there, please tell her I'm really ready for some nice spring days. Everyone enjoy your Taco Tuesday.

#8 ·
Morning y'all. Slow moving this morning, didn't sleep well. Kept walking up sneezing and would have a difficult time falling back to sleep. My allergy meds don't seem to be working very well. It's foggy and damp outside, hopefully it will dry out in a bit and I can get some outside projects done. Happy hump day to all.

#12 ·
Morning y'all. Supposed to get a quick rain ban come in this morning. The motorcycle rally is in town with thousands camping. Hopefully it's short or it's going to be a muddy mess. I'm not going to pay the $60 to walk around rally part but might go into town and watch all the bikes go up and down Main Street.

Wheel Tire Publication Font Automotive tire

Sky Wheel Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

#16 ·
Morning y'all. A little day trip planned, about 5 hours travel time. Leading a group around the Twisted Sisters today, don't have a total count yet, but looks like there will be 6 of us. Two of them I've ridden with many times and the others are friends of theirs. Plan is kickstands up at 10. Going to run the Sisters backwards stopping for lunch at the Bent Rim Cafe. Should get there a little after noon. Then head back to Bandera. Weather is sunny with high pushing 80.

#18 ·
Good morning y'all. Had a nice ride yesterday that's a little different than my usual rides. My norm is to ride, stop, maybe at a park or similar area, hike around some then continue the ride. Since retirement I've found my time walking around, or just sitting with nature is almost as enjoyable as the ride. Anyway, lead a group of 9 other riders thru parts of the Texas Hill Country. One of the riders noticed that I picked scenic areas for water and leg stretch breaks. Got to talking and he also rides to explore new parks and wildlife areas. Think I found a new riding buddy.

Here's the Relive Video.

And some raw footage.

PS, the area is beginning to green up real nice.

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

#20 ·
Morning y'all. Life is good! One year ago today I retired. My new chapter in life started. This time a year ago I was still in Houston getting ready to move to the Texas Hill Country. Icing on cake, my wife and I have been together 24/7 for a year, and neither of us has run the other one off.

Balloon Sleeve Polo shirt Collar Dress shirt

Food Plant Cake decorating supply Handwriting Cake decorating

#21 ·
Morning y'all. I'm still working on the retirement gig. For years I only had a short time to get things done around house, cut grass, honey do, etc. Still seems strange taking time to complete projects.

Nothing major on agenda today. Need to clean on bike to knock crud off from last few rides. Started on it yesterday but got side tracked cleaning out old cleaning materials in shed, then ran out of energy. Hopefully everyone's day goes smoothly.

#25 ·
Morning y'all. Have some rain and temps in upper 50c currently. Been fighting a head cold since yesterday. Amazing how much snot a nose can generate. Everyone enjoy your day.

Today one year ago my retirement cabin was delivered. It was then I realized this was actually happening. Life is good!!

Pictures one year apart:

Vehicle Sky Ecoregion Window Plant

Sky Cloud Property Ecoregion Plant